Re: DEFERRABLE NOT NULL constraint

От Bèrto ëd Sèra
Тема Re: DEFERRABLE NOT NULL constraint
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi

> I still don't see how that's any better than a stored procedure that
> directly does the INSERT. You can conceal the code every bit as
> easily.

Guys I DO NOT write the customers' security guidelines. I get asked to
produce a design in which "party X will make plain INSERTs and ignore
the very existence of business rules". Can I do it in PG, No. Can I
rewrite the guidelines? No. Hence, PG is not used. Full stop.

Whether these customers are clever or stupid is not an issue. They are
paying customers, so they are right by design. And yes, sometimes I
manage to sell them something else, as I said earlier. Some other
times I end up having to use a db that is not PG. Easy as that.

Cheers
Bèrto

--
If Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in a