Re: BUG #16604: pg_dump with --jobs breaks SSL connections

От Zsolt Ero
Тема Re: BUG #16604: pg_dump with --jobs breaks SSL connections
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
I've created a minimal reproducible Dockerfile, it reproduces 100%. The PG server is configured to require client certificates.

Dockerfile (repro with: "docker build .")

FROM ubuntu:18.04

RUN apt-get update && apt-get install -y wget gnupg

RUN echo "deb http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt bionic-pgdg main" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/pgdg.list
RUN wget --quiet -O - https://www.postgresql.org/media/keys/ACCC4CF8.asc | apt-key add -
RUN apt-get update && apt-get install -y postgresql-client-12

WORKDIR /tmp
COPY *.pem /tmp/
RUN chmod 400 /tmp/*.pem

ENV PGPASSWORD=xxx

RUN pg_dump --dbname="sslmode=verify-ca sslrootcert=server-ca.pem \
     sslcert=client-cert.pem sslkey=client-key.pem \
     hostaddr=1.2.3.4 \
     port=5432 \
     user=postgres dbname=postgres" \
     --format=directory \
     --file=dump_app \
     --jobs=3

Zsolt

On 15 Sep 2020 at 14:04:09, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
On Tue, Sep 15, 2020 at 1:36 PM Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> wrote:
> On 1 Sep 2020, at 22:08, PG Bug reporting form <noreply@postgresql.org> wrote:

> Bug reference:      16604
> Logged by:          Zsolt Ero
> Email address:      zsolt.ero@gmail.com
> PostgreSQL version: 12.4
> Operating system:   Ubuntu 20.04
>
> I'm using pg_dump in the following syntax:
>
> pg_dump --dbname="sslmode=verify-ca sslrootcert=server-ca.pem \
>      sslcert=client-cert.pem sslkey=client-key.pem \
>      hostaddr=1.2.3.4 \
>      user=postgres dbname=app" \
>      --format=directory \
>      --file=dump_app \
>      --jobs=3
>
> As long as the --jobs parameter is present, the process breaks after
> "pg_dump: saving database definition".
> It breaks with "FATAL:  connection requires a valid client certificate".
>
> Without --jobs it completes without errors. I also think it's happening with
> pg_restore as well.

I am unable to reproduce this with 12.4 as well as 14devel.  If this error is
reproducible for you, can you please share more details on the setup?  (ideally
a recipe for setting up a repro environment)

Grasping a long straw hwere, but I wonder if it could be relataed to the debian/ubuntu wrapper.

Zsolt, can you try running it with hardcoding the pg_dump path to /usr/lib/postgresql/12/bin/pg_dump instead of just pg_dump, to see if that might be it?

Сообщение: Re: BUG #16624: Query Optimizer - Performance bug related to predicate simplification
Сообщение: Re: BUG #16624: Query Optimizer - Performance bug related to predicate simplification