Re: crazy logging from PG 8.4

От Jon Nelson
Тема Re: crazy logging from PG 8.4
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 9:54 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> "Tomas Vondra" <tv@fuzzy.cz> writes:
>> On 23 =C5=98=C3=ADjen 2013, 16:00, Jon Nelson wrote:
>>> After several days of running a simple query over a very large dataset
>>> (more than a terabyte), I logged in to note that postgresql had
>>> decided to log *billions* of log lines.
>
>> First guess is that you enabled detailed logging in config.
>
> I think it's trace_sort.

I think you are right.

Let's say that there would end up being 2.7+ billion groups.  Does
that scenario help to explain? I guess I'd like to see trace_sort have
a new value in addition to just "on" and "off", perhaps "external".  I
don't really care about internal sorts but I do care about external
sorts. Right now, they're the only (minimal!) insight I have into how
the query is progressing.

--=20
Jon