Re: two-column primary key (not the typical question)

От Chris Travers
Тема Re: two-column primary key (not the typical question)
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 7:00 PM, Chip Nowacek <chip@twostewards.com> wrote:
I need a suggestion. I need a two-column primary key that does not depend on the order of the entries. That is, for the purposes of the key:

PKColA     PKColB
foo            bar
bar            foo

What about a unique functional index which would return some sort of ordered representation of this along with NOT NULL constraints?

I don't know if you can do it as a simple primary key, but you can probably get unique functional indexes to do the main work for you.

Best Wishes,
Chris Travers