Re: An article about Etsy... and a migration from Postgres to MySQL

От Chris Travers
Тема Re: An article about Etsy... and a migration from Postgres to MySQL
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
(Forgot to forward to the list)

> I can't speak for xTuple, but for LedgerSMB, we have at least one user
> who processes payment runs of 5k invoices at a time via Perl/CGI and
> PostgreSQL (total of 20k invoices per week, and expecting this number
> to rise) with the main logic handled in stored procedures.  If it was
> just a matter of selection, we could run that selection in a few
> seconds but a lot of info has to be written to the db so that states
> don't change between web requests.  Consequently it takes only a bit
> longer than that.  The real bottleneck is actually the CGI scripts
> which generate HTML forms representing 5000 invoices.......

Sorry, with the persistent, discretionary locking info written it
takes only a bit over 10x the pure read-only performance.  This could
probably be optimized further for disk I/O, but the web interface is a
much bigger bottleneck.

Best Wishes,
Chris Travers

От: Chris Travers
Сообщение: Re: An article about Etsy... and a migration from Postgres to MySQL
От: Darren Duncan
Сообщение: Re: An article about Etsy... and a migration from Postgres to MySQL