Re: How to write a psql command inside a function?

От Chris Travers
Тема Re: How to write a psql command inside a function?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 10:33 PM, Siva Palanisamy <siva_p@hcl.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>

> I want to have a psql command ‘\COPY’ inside a function. By default, this
> command works as such. But, not inside a function. Please guide me.

I don't think that works  I think you have to use SQL commands since,
well, the function is running in the db, not in your client.

Look up the SQL COPY command instead.

Best Wishes,
Chris Travers

От: Siva Palanisamy
Сообщение: How to write a psql command inside a function?
От: Sim Zacks
Сообщение: Re: Using Postgresql as application server