Re: Postgres Pain Points: 1 pg_hba conf

От Chris Travers
Тема Re: Postgres Pain Points: 1 pg_hba conf
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Sat, Aug 13, 2016 at 9:37 PM, John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com> wrote:
On 8/13/2016 8:29 AM, support-tiger wrote:
experimented with this some more with no progress. only trust seems to work which is not what we want - will try some more versions with md5 but this is why I've called this out as such a pain point.

show us your pg_hba.conf (sans comments), and the connections that aren't working the way you want, along with whatever error messages they are generating.

It's worth noting how I normally set up this file:

1.  Set up postgres user on local connections with peer authentication
2.  Set up initial roles, passwords, etc. (sudo -u postgres psql, then create role ... with noinherit login password = ...)
3.  Configure for MD5 auth over the network and for all users on local except postgres.

Of course that differs depending on environment and requirements but it is a decent starting point.