Re: [HACKERS] Urgent Help Required

От Chris Travers
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Urgent Help Required
Дата
Список pgsql-general
First, while vacuum is usually preferred to vacuum full, in this case, I usually find that vacuum full clears up enough cruft to be worth it (not always, but especially if you are also having performance issues).

Secondly I would recommend using the vacuumdb command from the shell instead of psql because it has some features that will help avoid some issues.

Try:

vacuumdb -a

Or if you want to force reclaim space (if you are suffering from db bloat relating to not vacuuming:

vacuumdb -f -a

You may need to run this as the postgres user.  It accepts the same parameters for authentication that psql does.

Best Wishes,
Chris Travers