Re: Lost data Folder, but have WAL files--- How to recover the database ?? Windows

От Chris Travers
Тема Re: Lost data Folder, but have WAL files--- How to recover the database ?? Windows
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 6:38 PM, chinnaobi <chinnaobi@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi All,

Recently i was doing streaming replication, I lost the data folder on both
the servers and left with WAL archives (some how).

Can any one tell me how to recover database with WAL archives.

I don;t think you can recover from only the WAL archives.  However, if you have a base backup and a complete collection of WAL archives then recovery should be possible.  At that point it's basically standard WAL recovery.

So I guess the first step is to determine if you have this base backup (you would have taken one during replication setup and hopefully were taking them from time to time).

best Wishes,
Chris Travers

Thanks in advance.