Re: Best way to populate nested composite type from JSON`

От Chris Travers
Тема Re: Best way to populate nested composite type from JSON`
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 7:58 AM, Merlin Moncure <mmoncure@gmail.com> wrote:

Yup.  As things stand currently, it's better *not* to make
serialization-driving composite types which when learning the json
stuff I did heavily; it was a habit I learned (and had to unlearn)
from libpqtypes which solves a lot of the same problems for C clients.
 You can *almost* send json back to the database with the same
elegance as it can be sent out of the database.  I see a big future
for postgres-json with many roadmap improvements; it's a complete game
change for service call driven database interaction and forward
thinking developers should realize it essentially obsoletes ORMS.

merlin

In your view, would it be better to serialize in the pseudo-nested-csv (native row/array) formats?

--
Best Wishes,
Chris Travers