Re: Using Postgresql as application server

От Chris Travers
Тема Re: Using Postgresql as application server
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 9:38 PM, Sim Zacks <sim@compulab.co.il> wrote:

> The point was not whether I have a bug in an external application, the point
> is that I need an external application which creates more overhead and
> another point of failure in the application stack.

1)  Not sure how an external python script is different from a
PL/Python sproc except that the former exists external to transaction
control.
2) there is absolutely no reason you can't build redundancy into this system.
3)  The overhead really shouldn't be bad, and if your parts are
well-modularized, and carefully designed overhead really should be
minimal.

I don;t see what you gain from using cron that you don't gain from
using a persistent process and notify... you could even have a cron
script to check if it is running and start if not from time to time.

Best Wishes,
Chris Travers

От: Sim Zacks
Сообщение: Re: Using Postgresql as application server
От: "Navin Chandra"
Сообщение: Query regarding PostGre database