Re: "Too far out of the mainstream"

От Chris Travers
Тема Re: "Too far out of the mainstream"
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Sat, Sep 1, 2012 at 7:45 AM, Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@gmail.com> wrote:
On Sat, Sep 1, 2012 at 7:25 AM, Chris Travers <chris.travers@gmail.com> wrote:

> 1)  While MySQL is perhaps better marketed, PostgreSQL is an older project
> with a proud heritage (Informix started as a Postgres fork), and top-rate

Pretty sure that's not true.  Ingres is a cousin of Postgres started
by the same guy, Stonebraker, but it's not a fork either.

As I understand it, Allura was started by Stonebraker as an attempt to commercialize Postgres.  It switched to SQL before Postgres did, and was bought by Informix, renamed as Informix, and then bought by IBM.

Am I missing something?

Best Wishes,
Chris Travers

Сообщение: Re: "Too far out of the mainstream"
Сообщение: Re: "Too far out of the mainstream"