Re: BUG #16478: Unable to edit and delete for certain row manuallyusing db beaver

От Nanda Christanto
Тема Re: BUG #16478: Unable to edit and delete for certain row manuallyusing db beaver
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hi Fransisco,

Thanks for your response. Actually before the remaining connection error I was able to connect using db beaver just fine but though at that time I was not able to edit or delete certain rows. Anytime I tried to update them I got an error in my db beaver gui saying that error there is when sending the data to the backend. Before this everything was working fine. That why I thought its a bug. And in my app anytime we post, edit or delete it causes time out error because the db cannot even be edited manually using db beaver.
Would appreciate if you have any advice?

Thanks,
Regards,

On Thu, Jun 4, 2020 at 3:57 PM Francisco Olarte <folarte@peoplecall.com> wrote:
Nanda:

On Thu, Jun 4, 2020 at 10:42 AM PG Bug reporting form
<noreply@postgresql.org> wrote:
> I got the following error in my postgre db and some of the in the data
> cannot be edited / deleted at all? Any suggestion
> FATAL: remaining connection slots are reserved for non-replication superuser
> and rds_superuser connections
> FATAL: remaining connection slots are reserved for non-replication superuser
> and rds_superuser connections

That does not seem like a bug. Postgres has a limit to the
connections, max_connections. Some of it are reserved for superusers,
so in case of problems the suepruser can still get in and fix them,
like the reserved root space on unix filesystems.

These seems like you have too many connection and you cannot edit
because you cannot connect. You are probably using a graphical client
which hides this fact.

You should ask your question in the general list, preferrably posting
some more details like "when I connect to postgres using wunderbar-sql
3.14.16 from linux I get this error and pink messages show", otherwise
even the very knodlegeable people on that list will not be able to
help you.

As this does not seem like a bug, but clearly configuration or pilot
error, this list is not the place to post it, and people replying to
bugs will probably just skip your message.

Regards.
   Francisco Olarte.