Re: ERROR: could not find tuple for statistics object - is there a way to clean this up?

От Morris de Oryx
Тема Re: ERROR: could not find tuple for statistics object - is there a way to clean this up?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thanks, it's my local copy, which I drop and rebuild constantly as part of my testing cycle. On our deployed servers, my patch and test procedures are very strict. Locally, I like to experiment and blow things up. Well, mission accomplished there ;-)

Thanks for taking the time to answer.

On Mon, Nov 16, 2020 at 3:34 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Morris de Oryx <morrisdeoryx@gmail.com> writes:
> After posting, I realized that this is likely a Stupid User Error. I was
> mucking around, and did something along the lines of
> delete from pg_statistic_ext;
> or
> delete from pg_stats_ext;

> ...instead of DROP STATISTICS calls. Would this likely explain what I'm
> seeing?

Ah, yeah, it likely would.

If this isn't a throwaway database, what you'd have to do to clear the
errors is to find and remove the now-dangling links to the deleted objects
in pg_depend.