Re: connect external app via pgadmin

От bw
Тема Re: connect external app via pgadmin
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
I think you are missing the point Andrzej, my pgadmin and postgresql do run on the same server and there is no need to open up port 5432 externally or even internally and block access to the external world via the firewall as pgadmin is connected via the local socket. And I like to keep it that way hence my question :)

...but ... I like to give members that do have a pgadmin account the possibility to use their account to be able to connect via an external program like qgis.

I like the maintenance to be as limited as possible so definitely not maintaining access via the pg_hda.conf or fiddling around with firewall regex rules for each user while they already have an pgadmin account.

cheers. B