Re: Let's get the OpenSCG packages listed on download

От Scott Mead
Тема Re: Let's get the OpenSCG packages listed on download
Дата
Re: Let's get the OpenSCG packages listed on download  (Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org>)
Список pgsql-www

On Tue, Apr 26, 2016 at 3:04 AM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:

> On 25 Apr 2016, at 20:05, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
>
> -WWW,
>
> In reviewing:
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAKq0gv+Gc0i8j=ktQSkMkLJmmTqUHAm=Eza7zLv+MdXCB6H+Bw@mail.gmail.com
>
> It becomes clear that they are following the Open Source way in a more transparent fashion that the other universal packages available.

In what way exactly? I can't even find the source code on the website. The existing installers are on git.postgresql.org.

Looks like an oversight, we're opening up the repo now.

The other thing to be very careful of is confusing users. Are these distributions interchangeable? What happens if a user tries to upgrade one with the other?

  That's the beauty of our update manager, It's consistent across platforms and makes updates a snap.  That being said, our testing includes using each set of binaries against data directories created with different installers.

--Scott