Re: [GENERAL] Re: Building PL/Perl procedural language without--with-perl configure flag

От Scott Mead
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Re: Building PL/Perl procedural language without--with-perl configure flag
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Sun, Jan 15, 2017 at 6:35 AM, postgres user <postgresuser1989@gmail.com> wrote:
The already installed Postgres edition was built using the same installation procedure as mentioned in the docs, but without the use of --with-perl flag. the point I ask the question is because I want to install PL/Perl as a separate extension as one does with PostGIS and not along with Postgres install. Is there a way out to solve that problem of building the PL/Perl language by somehow creating a custom Makefile as we have for contrib extensions or PostGIs etc... and then giving it the path of pg_config hence leading to an installation?

The common way of doing this is the following:

1. Download the same source that you used to build your existing postgres
2. In your existing postgres 'bin' directory, run pg_config
   -- This will show you the full string passed to configure and your CFLAGS, LDFLAGS, etc...
3. Re-run configure using the same environment as specified by pg_config, just add --with-perl
4. Build the server
5. Install the binaries

Note: After building, you could always run a diff between the existing installation and a new installation and only install the differences.

Scott Mead
Sr. Architect
OpenSCG