Re: pgcrypto - real life examples to encrypt / decrypt

От Luca Ferrari
Тема Re: pgcrypto - real life examples to encrypt / decrypt
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Aug 3, 2021 at 1:03 PM Vikas Sharma <shavikas@gmail.com> wrote:
> My question is, can I use the gpg public/secret key instead of the 'Secret password' in above
PGP_Sym_encrypt/decrypt? I can create a wrapper function to read the public/secret keys to hide it from appearing as
cleartext.

I think you are looking for something like:

pgp_pub_encrypt( clear_text,

> still researching how to encrypt a column with sensitive data as a best practice to use in OLTP production with
minimalimpact on performance.

Clearly, as you add more stuff to do, performances will be lower. I
strongly recommend you to analyze if column encryption is really what
you need for your purposes, because in my little experience it is
often too much work with regard to other approaches (e.g., disk and
backup encryption).

Luca

От: Luca Ferrari
Сообщение: Re: Unexpected block ID found when reading data
От: Luca Ferrari
Сообщение: Re: Postgres 9.6 to 12.7 pg_upgrade error - terminating connection due to administrator command