Re: Keeping track of updates/performances

От Luca Ferrari
Тема Re: Keeping track of updates/performances
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 7:21 PM, Romain Billon-Grand
<billongrand@hotmail.fr> wrote:

> ´now'::timestamp why not ´simply' current_timestamp?

That's the same (in the final run), the former uses a cast, the second
an internal variable.
Use current_ for anything you need.

> I have red about inheritance vs Like, but I wanted to know if one of those
> would have better performance

That's the wrong question, since it depends on what you are going to achieve.
Let's say that, being inheritance a way of tiying tables together, I
would expect to be able to have better performances in using like
tables, since I can tune them separately to exactly the need I have.
But again, it depends on what you are going to do with such tables and
what performances means to you (usage, creation, deletion, ...).

Luca