Re: how does PostgreSQL determine how many parallel processes to start

От Luca Ferrari
Тема Re: how does PostgreSQL determine how many parallel processes to start
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Feb 19, 2021 at 10:43 AM Laurenz Albe <laurenz.albe@cybertec.at> wrote:
> At execution time, PostgreSQL will use as many of the planned workers
> as are currently available (max_parallel_workers).

Thanks, but just to make it clear, assuming I execute almost
simultanously two identical queries that can be therefore be
parallelized, does that mean that the first one will be executed with
the max available parallele capacity and the second will "starve" on
parllelism being executed sequentially. Is this correct?
As a consequence to that, this also could mean that a query over a
small table could take more advanatge (in parallel sense) than a scan
on a larger table that was issued just a moment after (assuming both
table can be scanned in parallel), right?

Luca

Сообщение: Re: how does PostgreSQL determine how many parallel processes to start
Сообщение: Re: how does PostgreSQL determine how many parallel processes to start