Re: Help with my MacOS PostgreSQL 12 installation

От Luca Ferrari
Тема Re: Help with my MacOS PostgreSQL 12 installation
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Aug 17, 2021 at 6:21 PM Michael White <mike@white-home.com> wrote:
> 1. PostgreSQL server is not started and I am having trouble figuring out how to start it because
/Library/PostgreSQL/12does not exist. (don’t know why)

that *could be* the reason why it does not start!

> 3. Don’t remember how I installed PostgreSQL but looks like with EnterpriseDB because of the installation directory.
(Igot this from postgresapp.com)

is there any postgres or psql executable around?
I suspect the upgrade did nuke everything was not installed by apple.

> 4. I looked around the postgres user account directory and it appears that PostgreSQL is installed there which
confusesme because I can’t find any information about that or how to start or access it in that manner.

Do you mean is there a data directory under postgres user home
directory? Can you run pg_ctl to start the cluster from within such
directory?

> 5. Looking for advice on how to unravel this situation and get my install up and running.  I do have 1 database
associatedwith some Java Web Development in this implementation.

Any chance you can understand if data under the postgres user has the
size you expect the database to have?
I'm not a mac user, but I suspect the upgrade destroyed your installation.

Luca

От: Michael White
Сообщение: Help with my MacOS PostgreSQL 12 installation
От: Luca Ferrari
Сообщение: Re: Can't locate Ora2Pg.pm while executing export_schema.sh