Re: Question about password character in ECPG's connection string

От Luca Ferrari
Тема Re: Question about password character in ECPG's connection string
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Aug 29, 2019 at 1:08 PM Egashira, Yusuke
<egashira.yusuke@jp.fujitsu.com> wrote:
> According to my tests, I think that the ECPG's connection_option seems not to accept '&' character as password
anyhow...
> ECPG CONNECT's connection_option seems to have some restricted characters.

As far as I understand from

<https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=blob;f=src/interfaces/ecpg/ecpglib/connect.c;h=ec01f67b61d5e8f0b88f84346451d2135a78b777;hb=HEAD#l603>
unwanted characters are '&' and '='. Even if the connetion string
seems an URL, it is managed in plain text without any sort of
escaping.

> I hope to this limitation will be documented because it causes confusion.

If this is confirmed, I agree this should be documented.

Luca