[GENERAL] xmin increasing within a transaction block?

От Luca Ferrari
Тема [GENERAL] xmin increasing within a transaction block?
Дата
Re: [GENERAL] xmin increasing within a transaction block?  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
Список pgsql-general
Hi all,
I suspect this has a trivial explaination, but this is what I'm experiencing:

> CREATE TABLE foo( i int );
> BEGIN;
* > INSERT INTO foo(i) VALUES( 1 );
* > INSERT INTO foo(i) VALUES( 2 );
* > SELECT xmin, cmin, xmax, cmax, i FROM foo;xmin | cmin | xmax | cmax | i
------+------+------+------+---2466 |    0 |    0 |    0 | 12467 |    1 |    0 |    1 | 2
(2 rows)

* > SELECT txid_current();txid_current
--------------        2465
(1 row)

Why is xmin greater than the current transaction id (and most notably
not "fixed")?
What am I missing here?
I'm running 9.6.5.

> select version();

version

9.6.5on amd64-portbld-freebsd11.0, compiled by FreeBSD

clang version 3.8.0 (tags/RELEASE_380/final 262564) (based on LLVM
3.8.0), 64-bit
(1 row)