Re: "storing" a calculated value in plsql function ?

От Luca Ferrari
Тема Re: "storing" a calculated value in plsql function ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Aug 30, 2019 at 12:48 PM stan <stanb@panix.com> wrote:
> In the resultant table, I have raw data, and adjusted data. The adjusted data i
> all adjusted by a common factor, which is calculated in the select. Presently, I
> calculate this same adjustment factor several times in the select.

Is it possible to add the computed column as output of your query?
Even define a rowtype that includes such column?

> Is there a way to reference this value, multiple times, once it is calculated? Or
> would I have to create a 2nd select that calculates this adjustment factor, and
> stores it in a PLSQL variable< and if I do that, can I reference this stored value
> in the select?

Yes, you can references variables as values on queries.
As an example
<https://github.com/fluca1978/PostgreSQL-11-Quick-Start-Guide/blob/master/Chapter03/Chapter03_Listing09.sql>.

Luca