Re: BUG #15666: Seemingly incorrect error reporting/logging forviolation of non-null constraint

От Dirkjan Ochtman
Тема Re: BUG #15666: Seemingly incorrect error reporting/logging forviolation of non-null constraint
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Mon, Mar 4, 2019 at 3:27 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Well, maybe it isn't.  That DETAIL line would report all the columns of the
table, in their physical order.  That doesn't necessarily have anything to
do with the original INSERT, which --- if it has a column list, as this
does --- can choose to target any subset of the columns in any order.

We can't very well order the DETAIL to match the original INSERT, since
it's entirely possible that the complaint is about a column not even
mentioned in the INSERT.

That makes sense to me. Maybe it would be feasible to label the failing row values with their column's name?

It also might be just my brain being paranoid -- not sure if others find this as confusing as I did.