Re: Autovacuum on partitioned table

От yuzuko
Тема Re: Autovacuum on partitioned table
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

As Laurenz commented in this thread, I tried adding option
to update parent's statistics during Autovacuum. To do that,
I propose supporting 'autovacuum_enabled' option already
exists on partitioned tables.

In the attached patch, you can use 'autovacuum_enabled' option
on partitioned table as usual, that is, a default value of this option
is true. So if you don't need autovacuum on a partitioned table,
you have to specify the option:
CREATE TABLE p(i int) partition by range(i) with (autovacuum_enabled=0);

I'm not sure but I wonder if a suitable value as a default of
'autovacuum_enabled' for partitioned tables might be false.
Because autovacuum on *partitioned tables* requires scanning
all children to make partitioned tables' statistics.
But if the default value varies according to the relation,
is it confusing?  Any thoughts?

--
Best regards,
Yuzuko Hosoya

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Calling PLpgSQL function with composite type fails with an error:"ERROR: could not open relation with OID ..."