Re: Autovacuum on partitioned table (autoanalyze)

От yuzuko
Тема Re: Autovacuum on partitioned table (autoanalyze)
Дата
Re: Autovacuum on partitioned table (autoanalyze)  (Justin Pryzby <pryzby@telsasoft.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello,

I reconsidered  a way based on the v5 patch in line with
Horiguchi-san's comment.

This approach is as follows:
- A partitioned table is checked whether it needs analyze like a plain
  table in relation_needs_vacanalyze().  To do this, we should store
  partitioned table's stats (changes_since_analyze).
- Partitioned table's changes_since_analyze is updated when
  analyze a leaf partition by propagating its changes_since_analyze.
  In the next scheduled analyze time, it is used in the above process.
  That is, the partitioned table is analyzed behind leaf partitions.
- The propagation process differs between autoanalyze or plain analyze.
  In autoanalyze, a leaf partition's changes_since_analyze is propagated
  to *all* ancestors.  Whereas, in plain analyze on an inheritance tree,
  propagates to ancestors not included the tree to avoid needless counting.

Attach the latest patch to this email.
Could you check it again please?

--
Best regards,