Re: [GENERAL] is this a known bug in 9.6?

От Torsten Förtsch
Тема Re: [GENERAL] is this a known bug in 9.6?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thanks for confirming.

Here are a few more examples that also work:

with i(x) as (values (1::int)) select x from (select x from i union all select 3::int) b order by x desc limit 1;

with i(x) as (values (1::int)) select max(x) from (select x from i union select 3::int) b;

It also works with EXCEPT or INTERSECT, both with or without ALL.

The UNION ALL version fails with MIN and MAX but it works with all other aggregates that I have tested.

On Tue, Dec 13, 2016 at 4:31 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Torsten F\xC3=B6rtsch <tfoertsch123@gmail.com> writes:
> postgres=# with i(x) as (values (1::int)), j(y) as (values (2::int)) select
> x from (select x from i union all select y from j) b;
> ---
> 1
> 2
> (2 rows)

> postgres=# with i(x) as (values (1::int)), j(y) as (values (2::int)) select
> max(x) from (select x from i union all select y from j) b;
> ERROR:  could not find plan for CTE "i"

Yup, sure looks like a bug to me, especially since it seems to work as
expected before 9.5.  No idea offhand what broke it.