Re: Missed LIMIT clause pushdown in FDW API

От Alexander Reshetov
Тема Re: Missed LIMIT clause pushdown in FDW API
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Tom, it's really good news. Thanks!

For now as workaround I think that it's possible to add additional column
in table.  In this way it would be possible to scan only needed part of solumn
in storage.  While quals is pushed down it will be possible to limit like this

select * from table where fake_column == 1

So this fake column would be used as flag for FDW engine to limit query
to one result.  Of course it can't replace LIMIT, but could help to use
at least lateral join with “limit 1” method.

But I'm not sure that some results would not be cached in this situation.
Will this workaround work as expected?  Or maybe there is some other possible
temporary solution (at least for specified lateral join)?