Re: High SYS CPU - need advise

От Vlad
Тема Re: High SYS CPU - need advise
Дата
Список pgsql-general
nothing changes if I increase number of threads.
pgbouncer doesn't change much.

also, I think the nature of high-sys-cpu during stall and and when I run pgbench is different.
During pgbench it's constantly at 30-40%, while during stall it sits at low 5-15% and then spikes to 90% after a while, with no apparent reason (i.e.: no increased load or anything), then goes down in a few secs, or stays until postgres restarted.

at this point the only thing that does help on app side is when I force frequent re-connection to postgresql (i.e. not letting postmaster live too long)

-- Vlad

On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 10:18 AM, Jeff Janes <jeff.janes@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 8:14 AM, Vlad <marchenko@gmail.com> wrote:

> '-M prepared' produces normal results, while '-M simple' results in 40% sys
> cpu.  '-M extended' is somewhere in between.
> I'm running it as 60 clients, 2 threads.

2 threads is pretty low for 60 clients.  What happens if you increase
-j to either 30 or 60?  (What I'm wondering here is if perhaps in this
case it is pgbench which is triggering the scheduling issue)

Also, what happens if you channel pgbench through pgbouncer?

Cheers,

Jeff

Сообщение: Re: High SYS CPU - need advise
Сообщение: Re: High SYS CPU - need advise