Re: pgbench progress report improvements

От Rod Taylor
Тема Re: pgbench progress report improvements
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Sat, Sep 21, 2013 at 4:55 AM, Fabien COELHO <coelho@cri.ensmp.fr> wrote:

I suggest getting the term "stddev" in there somehow, maybe like this:

 progress: 37.0 s, 115.2 tps, latency avg=8.678 ms  stddev=1.792

My issue is to try to keep the line width under control so as to avoid line breaks in the terminal. Under throttling, there is also the time lag appended to the line.

Moreover, using 'xxx=figure" breaks simple "cut" pipelining to extract the figures, so I would prefer to stick to spaces.

Maybe:

  progress: 36.0 s, 115.2 tps, lat avg 9.678 ms stddev 1.792, lag 0.143 ms

but I liked my "+-" approach:-)

100 +- 3 implies a range of 97 to 103 and no values are outside of that range.

Сообщение: Re: pgbench progress report improvements
Сообщение: Re: pgbench progress report improvements