Re: Doc limitation update proposal: include out-of-line OID usage per TOAST-ed columns

От Jakub Wartak
Тема Re: Doc limitation update proposal: include out-of-line OID usage per TOAST-ed columns
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, May 14, 2024 at 8:19 PM Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:

> I looked at your version and wrote something that is shorter and
> doesn't touch any existing text. Here it is.

Hi Robert, you are a real tactician here - thanks for whatever
references the original problem! :) Maybe just slight hint nearby
expensive (to me indicating a just a CPU problem?):

finding an OID that is still free can become expensive ->
finding an OID that is still free can become expensive, thus
significantly increasing INSERT/UPDATE response time.

? (this potentially makes it easier in future to pinpoint the user's
problem to the this exact limitation; but feel free to ignore that too
as I'm not attached to any of those versions)

-J.