Re: Date column types

От Farley Carter
Тема Re: Date column types
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Interesting in trying to produce what you wanted. (I was going to avoid saying "try anyway to create a table with a column of type date") I was able to create a table of as described below with a column of type date on my home computer. And it worked correctly. So I went back to my work computer and it created a timestamp as opposed to a date. The difference I have found so far is that at work I have 9.2 postgres and at home I am using 9.1

Any ideas?

Go into pgadmin II open your database. Right click on 'Tables'.

Click on 'New Table'

Enter a table name 'test'

Click on the 'Columns' tab.

Click on 'Add' button

Enter the column Name 'testdate'

For data type select or enter 'date'

Click on the SQL tab and it should read.

CREATE TABLE public."Test"
(
   testdate date
)
WITH (
  OIDS = FALSE
)
;

Click the 'OK' button

Right click on the new table 'test'

It's not called losing your train of thought......

No, I'm sorry. It is called that. - Anonymoous... probably.

On 23 April 2013 15:11, Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
On Thu, 2013-04-18 at 16:52 -0400, Farley Carter wrote:
> It shows it in the sql pane. But when you run it and check the new column
> after it is added then it is a timestamp. I tried it both in pgadmin II and
> running it from sql outside pgadmin.

No, I meant all the actions that give you that result (right click on
this menu, choose the item, wrote this in this textbox, etc...).
Everything that could help me reproduce it.