Re: [HACKERS] Block level parallel vacuum

От Mahendra Singh
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Block level parallel vacuum
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 18 Dec 2019 at 12:07, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:

> [please trim extra text before responding]
>
> On Wed, Dec 18, 2019 at 12:01 PM Mahendra Singh <mahi6run@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, 10 Dec 2019 at 00:30, Mahendra Singh <mahi6run@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >

> > > 3.
> > > After v35 patch, vacuum.sql regression test is taking too much time due to large number of inserts so by reducing
numberof tuples, we can reduce that time.

> > > +INSERT INTO pvactst SELECT i, array[1,2,3], point(i, i+1) FROM generate_series(1,100000) i;
> > >
> > > here, instead of 100000, we can make 1000 to reduce time of this test case because we only want to test code and
functionality.

> > As we added check of min_parallel_index_scan_size in v36 patch set to
> > decide parallel vacuum, 1000 tuples are not enough to do parallel
> > vacuum. I can see that we are not launching any workers in vacuum.sql
> > test case and hence, code coverage also decreased. I am not sure that
> > how to fix this.
> >

> Try by setting min_parallel_index_scan_size to 0 in test case.

Thanks Amit for the fix.

Yes, we can add "set min_parallel_index_scan_size = 0;" in vacuum.sql
test case. I tested by setting min_parallel_index_scan_size=0 and it
is working fine.

@Masahiko san, please add above line in vacuum.sql test case.

Thanks and Regards
Mahendra Thalor