Re: Building postgresql armv7 on emulated x86_64

От Marek Kulik
Тема Re: Building postgresql armv7 on emulated x86_64
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
What is weird is that this issue is only present in Fedora Rawhide, older versions of fedora are not affected. I couldn't pinpoint what package update caused that issue. I made a regression for gcc and packages related to it with no luck.

It seems to be an issue related to a bug in gcc. Here is related topic: https://www.spinics.net/lists/fedora-devel/msg294295.html

On Mon, Nov 22, 2021 at 5:54 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Marek Kulik <mkulik@redhat.com> writes:
>> I cannot compile postgresql for armv7. I tested a bunch of versions of gcc
>> and all have the same issue.

FWIW, I just tried a build with --enable-dtrace on up-to-date Fedora 35
aarch64, and that worked fine.  So this definitely seems like a problem
in the toolchain not in Postgres.