Re: PATCH: Debugger Redesign

От Dinesh Kumar
Тема Re: PATCH: Debugger Redesign
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Hi Ashesh,

Thank you very much for your guidance on resolving the above issues. As of now, i have debugged the debugger and fixed some of the issues, as per the Dave's previous conversation. Please find the below status on this.

- The layout of the parameters dialogue needs work - the grid needs to
size to the dialogue.

Fixed.

- The checkboxes in the grid are jumbo sized. We have them in the Edit
Grid already - can the code be reused?
Fixed.

- The popup activity dialog is kinda annoying. Perhaps we could put a
progress indicator in the status bar? Low priority.
Not Fixed, since it's a low priority i have scheduled it as my last task.

- When injecting new values into variables, if the value can't be
accepted (wrong datatype etc), then the grid should be reset to the
original value when the error message box is accepted.

Fixed.

- If a function is re-executed in the same session, the return value
isn't cleared from the Results grid.

Fixed.

- If a function is re-executed in the same session, the breakpoints
are cleared. This doesn't seem to happen with in-process debugging,
only direct.
I have been tried a lot to resolve this issue with my trivial knowledge, but i am not able to figure our out how to fix this. Apologizes for that. As per my understanding, the re-start process of debugger, closing the previous session handler and creating new session, may be this is the reason, dbgController::ResultStack()'s fetch break point operation not able to get the breakpoints of the previous session handler.

- Aborting a direct debug session mid-function caused an indefinite(?)
hang with a busy cursor.

As per our discussion, you have fixed this for the windows, i haven't tested the fix for the mac. Sorry :)

- The status messages in the status bar are a little confusing. I
think you need to add "Done." to the end of the string when an action
completes, otherwise it looks like things never complete until you
step or run.
Fixed.

Adding the patch for the above fixes.

** This is the extension to your patch. Requesting you to use vim -d between your patch and this patch to get my patch. :)

Kindly let me know, if any thing i missed here.

Thanks in advance.

est Regards,
Dinesh

Вложения