Re: Problem w Favourites menu

От Dinesh Kumar
Тема Re: Problem w Favourites menu
Дата
Re: Problem w Favourites menu  (Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org>)
Список pgadmin-support
Hi Dave,

Thanks for the guidance on this. I am attaching the patch for the same.

Hi Lou O’Quin,

Please share the requested details for resolving the issues.

Thanks for your attention.

Best Regards,
Dinesh

On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 12:15 PM, Dinesh Kumar <dinesh.kumar@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 11:58 PM, Dave Page <dave.page@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 9:15 AM, Dinesh Kumar
<dinesh.kumar@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

> While working on this issue in my local machine i have tried some test cases
> to re-produce the same and found that "pgadmin_favourites.xml" overwriting
> it's favorite details among the concurrent "Favourite" items.
>
> To re-produce the same case, i have followed the below steps.
>
> 1) Take 2 new pgAdmin instances in a same box.
>
> 2) From one instance take Favorite Dialog box from Query window.
>
> 3) From second instance take Favorite Dialog box from Query window.
>
> 4) Type your "Favorite" name in the text box of instance 1's Favorite Dialog
> box and press "OK".
>
>     Ex:- "Weekly Report"
> 5) Check the file "pgadmin_favourites.xml" for the value.
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <favourites>
>  <favourite title="Weekly Report">dfdfd  </favourite>
> </favourites>
>
> 6) Type your "Favorite" name in the text box of instance 2nd Favorite Dialog
> box and press "OK".
>
> Ex:- "Daily Report"
>
> 7) Check the file "pgadmin_favourites.xml" for the value.
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <favourites>
>  <favourite title="Daily Report">fd fdfdf pgadmin_favourites.xml</favourite>
> </favourites>
> 8) Once, we restart all the pgAdmin instances, i am  not able to see my
> "Weekly Report" Favorite from the list.
>
> Let me know if it is a Bug or a known behavior of pgAdmin.  Thanks for your
> guidance.

I'm not entirely surprised it behaves that way, but it's not the
nicest behaviour for sure. I think the most sensible fix would be to
re-read the favourites file immediately before saving it, and then
adding the new item. Want to try to come up with a patch when you get
a few minutes spare?

Sure Dave.

Best Regards,
Dinesh