Re: pgAgent - adding parameters to runs

От Dinesh Kumar
Тема Re: pgAgent - adding parameters to runs
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hi Bastiaan,

On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 7:56 AM, Bastiaan Olij <bastiaan@basenlily.me> wrote:
Hi Dinesh,

On 10/12/13 5:26 PM, Dinesh Kumar wrote:

Does it work for you. Make this script as a single job to the pgAgent.
We already use that approach but it would still require us to configure a job for each database that calls the batch file with the database name as a parameter (which is how we are doing things today).

I don't believe, pgagent/pgAdmin do support of interactive jobs. Once we schedule it, it don't ask or wait to take inputs from user.

As we regularly add new databases and remove ones we no longer need that gives us a lot of overhead in maintaining the pgAgent jobs with a high risk of typos sneaking in when we do so.

OK.

None of these jobs are scheduled, we have a nightly backup script that backs up all databases with one script that detects which databases exist.

OK.

I don't know any other solution apart form this.

1. Create a native script, which takes the list of databases as input. {Like what i have shared earlier}.

2. Schedule this job on template database, and disable it by default.

3. When you want to take a backup(s).

       1. Go to the step's of the backup job.
       2. Modify the job with required database names as argument to the script, using it's properties dialogue.
       3. Click on "Run Now" at the job level.

Otherwise,
We need to schedule the backup jobs on all the databases, and do "Run Now" when you want to take the backup of a specific database.

Otherwise,
Need to tweak the pgagent catalogs.

Thanks,
Dinesh