Re: Problem w Favourites menu

От Dinesh Kumar
Тема Re: Problem w Favourites menu
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hi Lou O’Quin,

Would like to say thanks for reporting to pgAdmin-support list about this issue. I have tried to re-produce the issue with my local machine, but unfortunately i am not able to reproduce the same issue. Hence, would like to request you to share the following details from your side.

1) Text string what you are entering into the Add Favorite Dialogue Box.

2) If possible, please re-produce the same crash one more time in your local machine then share the below file from your machine.

"pgadmin_favourites.xml".  --> Usually, this located under "C:\Users\%CURRENT_USER%\Appdata\Roming\postgresql".

Thanks for your attention.

Hi Dave,

While working on this issue in my local machine i have tried some test cases to re-produce the same and found that "pgadmin_favourites.xml" overwriting it's favorite details among the concurrent "Favourite" items.

To re-produce the same case, i have followed the below steps.

1) Take 2 new pgAdmin instances in a same box.

2) From one instance take Favorite Dialog box from Query window.

3) From second instance take Favorite Dialog box from Query window.

4) Type your "Favorite" name in the text box of instance 1's Favorite Dialog box and press "OK".

    Ex:-
"Weekly Report"
5) Check the file "pgadmin_favourites.xml" for the value.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<favourites>
 <favourite title="Weekly Report">dfdfd  </favourite>
</favourites>

6) Type your "Favorite" name in the text box of instance 2nd Favorite Dialog box and press "OK".

Ex:- "Daily Report"

7) Check the file "pgadmin_favourites.xml" for the value.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<favourites>
 <favourite title="Daily Report">fd fdfdf pgadmin_favourites.xml</favourite>
</favourites>
8) Once, we restart all the pgAdmin instances, i am  not able to see my "Weekly Report" Favorite from the list.

Let me know if it is a Bug or a known behavior of pgAdmin.  Thanks for your guidance.

Best Regards,
Dinesh