Re: Fwd: postgres instalation

От Azimuddin Mohammed
Тема Re: Fwd: postgres instalation
Дата
Re: Fwd: postgres instalation
Список pgsql-general
I built it from source code.
It says contib is installed too. But i dont see thrm under the prefix directory.

On Feb 6, 2018 9:17 PM, "Adrian Klaver" <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
On 02/06/2018 06:05 PM, Azimuddin Mohammed wrote:

Hello,
I have installed postgres I saw the message postgres installation complete. But when I look in the install directory I only see
bin
lib
include
share

I do not see man and docs, may I know how I can install the man and docs  and what is the use of it?

How did you install, from source or via packages?

If from source:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/static/install-procedure.html

"If you want to build everything that can be built, including the documentation (HTML and man pages), and the additional modules (contrib), type instead:

make world

--

Regards,
Azim