Re: Questioning an errcode and message in jsonb.c

От Andy Fan
Тема Re: Questioning an errcode and message in jsonb.c
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

 Thanks for raising this issue in a more public way:)

On Tue, Sep 19, 2023 at 12:55 AM Chapman Flack <chap@anastigmatix.net> wrote:

It would make me happy if the message could be changed, and maybe
ERRCODE_INVALID_PARAMETER_VALUE also changed, perhaps to one of
the JSON-specific ones in the 2203x range.

I'd agree with this.

By the same token, the message and the errcode are established
current behavior, so there can be sound arguments against changing
them (even though that means weird logic in rewriting the expression).

This is not a technology issue,  I'd be pretty willing to see what some
more experienced people say about this.  I think just documenting the
impatible behavior is an option as well.

--
Best Regards
Andy Fan