Re: Commitfest 2021-11 Patch Triage - Part 1

От Andy Fan
Тема Re: Commitfest 2021-11 Patch Triage - Part 1
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Thanks for taking care of this.

> 2433: Erase the distinctClause if the result is unique by definition
> (parts of) The approach taken in this patch has been objected against in favor
> of work that Tom has proposed.

Actually no exactly.  The 90% of the code is about UniqueKey and UniqueKey
needs a notnulls representation of Var during join,  Tom is objecting
that part only.

> Until that work materialize this patch is
> blocked, and thus I think we are better of closing it and re-opening it when it
> gets unstuck.  Unless Tom has plans to hack on this shortly?

Both Tom and David  have provided many insights on this topic.  I'd like to hear
the decision from Tom and David.

--
Best Regards
Andy Fan (https://www.aliyun.com/)