Re: make add_paths_to_append_rel aware of startup cost

От Andy Fan
Тема Re: make add_paths_to_append_rel aware of startup cost
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

What do you think about this in my last reply?  "If my above
analysis is correct,  I think the best way to  handle this is if there
is no more tables to join, we use cheapest  fraction cost for all
the kinds of relations,  including plain relation,  append rel,
subquery and so on, If we have more tables to join,  we use
cheapest startup cost.".  This is what is in my mind now.

Here is an updated version to show what's in my mind.

--
Best Regards
Andy Fan