Re: Add "-Wimplicit-fallthrough" to default flags

От Andy Fan
Тема Re: Add "-Wimplicit-fallthrough" to default flags
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Wed, May 13, 2020 at 10:02 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Andy Fan <zhihui.fan1213@gmail.com> writes:
>> FWIW, I got a warning for jsonpath_gram.c.

Ugh.  Confirmed here on Fedora 30 (bison 3.0.5).

> I just found this just serval minutes ago.  Upgrading your bison to the
> latest version (3.6) is ok. I'd like we have a better way to share this
> knowledge through.  I spend ~30 minutes to troubleshooting this issue.

I fear that is going to mean that we revert this patch.
We are *NOT* moving the minimum bison requirement for this,
especially not to a bleeding-edge bison version.

Yes,  I didn't mean revert the patch, but I was thinking moving the minimum
bison.  But since down to the warning level 3 also resolved the issue,
looks it is a better way to do it.

  (On the other hand, if you have an old bison,
you likely also have an old gcc that doesn't know this warning
switch, so maybe it'd be all right in practice?)

I just use an old bision and a newer gcc:(  and I used "echo "COPT=-Wall -Werror"
> src/Makefile.custom" which is same as our cfbot system.  Thank you all for so quick
fix!

Best Regards
Andy Fan