Re: Does standalone postfrsql have autogrowth/ manual growth on table space?

От Vince McMahon
Тема Re: Does standalone postfrsql have autogrowth/ manual growth on table space?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thanks.  I guess it is time for vacuum. 😂

On Thu, Oct 20, 2022, 13:34 Christophe Pettus <xof@thebuild.com> wrote:

> On Oct 20, 2022, at 10:29, Ron <ronljohnsonjr@gmail.com> wrote:
> There's no pre-allocation in Postgresql.

This is correct in that you can't say "please allocate 3GB for this table for me now."  The number of pages that are added to the end of a file isn't always one though; it can allocate more based on recent activity.

Сообщение: Re: Does standalone postfrsql have autogrowth/ manual growth on table space?
Сообщение: Re: Does standalone postfrsql have autogrowth/ manual growth on table space?