Re: Directory/File Access Permissions for COPY and Generic File Access Functions

От Adam Brightwell
Тема Re: Directory/File Access Permissions for COPY and Generic File Access Functions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Robert,

To articular my own concerns perhaps a bit better, there are two major
things I don't like about the whole DIRALIAS proposal.  Number one,
you're creating this SQL object whose name is not actually used for
anything other than manipulating the alias you created.  The users are
still operating on pathnames.  That's awfully strange.

That's an interesting point and I don't disagree that it seems a little strange.  However, isn't this approach similar if not the same (other than operating on path names) as with some other objects, specifically rules and policies?

-Adam

Сообщение: Re: Directory/File Access Permissions for COPY and Generic File Access Functions
Сообщение: Re: Directory/File Access Permissions for COPY and Generic File Access Functions