Re: superuser() shortcuts

От Brightwell, Adam
Тема Re: superuser() shortcuts
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Alvaro,

> I noticed something strange while perusing this patch, but the issue
> predates the patch.  Some messages say "must be superuser or replication
> role to foo", but our longstanding practice is to say "permission denied
> to foo".  Why do we have this inconsistency?  Should we remove it?  If
> we do want to keep the old wording this patch should use "permission
> denied to" in the places that it touches.

If we were to make it consistent and use the old wording, what do you
think about providing an "errhint" as well?

Perhaps for example in slotfuncs.c#pg_create_physical_replication_stot:

errmsg - "permission denied to create physical replication slot"
errhint - "You must be superuser or replication role to use replication slots."

-Adam

--
Adam Brightwell - adam.brightwell@crunchydatasolutions.com
Database Engineer - www.crunchydatasolutions.com

Сообщение: Re: idea: allow AS label inside ROW constructor
Сообщение: Re: idea: allow AS label inside ROW constructor