Re: New feature "... ALTER CONSTRAINT ... VERIFY USING INDEX"

От Vitaly Burovoy
Тема Re: New feature "... ALTER CONSTRAINT ... VERIFY USING INDEX"
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 1/8/16, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> Simon Riggs wrote:
>> On 8 January 2016 at 14:14, Vitaly Burovoy <vitaly.burovoy@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > What about SET NOT NULL constraints? There is no VALIDATE CONSTRAINT
>> > for
>> > it.
>>
>> Sounds like a useful addition.
>
> Yes.  In order to make it a reality you need to make the NOT NULL
> constraints appear in pg_constraint.  Years ago I wrote a patch to do
> that, which was very close to done.  It would be really cool if Vitaly
> or someone else could look into that patch, update it and get it ready
> for commit.
>
> If someone is interested, I can send the patch along.
>
> --
> Álvaro Herrera                http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/

I guess you are talking about the other thread[1].
I'm not sure I have enough experience in Postgres hacking to start
working on it right now, but I'll have a look.
IMO the best way is to raise that topic by a letter with summary what
troubles are left there (in addition to a rebasing one).

[1] http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/20110707213401.GA27098@alvh.no-ip.org

--
Best regards,
Vitaly Burovoy