Re: How to get correct local time

От Vitaly Burovoy
Тема Re: How to get correct local time
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 3/29/17, Vitaly Burovoy <vitaly.burovoy@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 3/29/17, Andrus <kobruleht2@hot.ee> wrote:
>>
>>     select current_time at time zone 'GMT-2'
>>
>> returns
>>
>> "11:54:40.22045+02"
>>
>> but correct local time in Windows is one hour different:
>>
>> 12:54
>>
>> How to get correct local time ?
>>

>> Using
>>
>> "PostgreSQL 9.6.0, compiled by Visual C++ build 1800, 32-bit"
>>
>> with  standard postgresql.conf file in Windows 10
>> Same issue occurs also in ealier Postgres and in earlier windows.
>>
>> Server time in Windows is correct.
>>
>> Daylight saving time was changed by one hour a week ago.
>> Maybe postgres didnt recognized it.
>>
>> Posted also in
>>
>> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/43090328/how-to-return-correct-local-time-in-postgres
>>
>> Andrus.
>>

> Try
>
> SELECT now();
>
> or
>
> SELECT current_timestamp;

Oops. I missed you need a time part only.

Why do you use "at time zone"  with a constant shift from GMT? If you
want to get your local zone, use just

SELECT current_time;

If you want to get current time in a specified part of the world, use
a region name:

postgres=# SELECT current_time AT TIME ZONE 'Asia/Tokyo', current_time
AT TIME ZONE 'US/Samoa';
      timezone      |      timezone
 20:10:57.924534+09 | 00:10:57.924534-11

Postgres uses set of rules when and how a shift from GMT changed (or
will change by knowledge at the current moment) for the concrete
region.

--
Best regards,
Vitaly Burovoy

Сообщение: Re: How to get correct local time
Сообщение: Re: How to get correct local time