Re: psycopg2 hang with multithread frequent queries

От David Roid
Тема Re: psycopg2 hang with multithread frequent queries
Дата
Список psycopg
Hi Daniele, Federico,

Just want to know, if I keep signal handler but switch from thread to subprocess, i.e. put the signal handler code with database queries into another process, is that safe?

Regards
-David

2012/9/17 Federico Di Gregorio <fog@dndg.it>
On 17/09/2012 10:21, Daniele Varrazzo wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 6:15 PM, David Roid <dataroid@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> > No long-running trac, commit is done fair often. I also tried "one conn for
>> > all threads" vs "one conn for one thread", and "one cursor all the way" vs
>> > "use and throw away cursor", issue remains.
> David has provided me further information about his setup and a gcc
> traceback, from which it was obvious that he was performing database
> queries from a signal handler. It seems he is not experiencing any
> more problems since he got rid of this unsafe practice.

Nice to know.

federico

--
Federico Di Gregorio                         federico.digregorio@dndg.it